Friday, July 9, 2010

Kneeling on Wall Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3ZEvOfD1w&feature=related

I came to the spa this morning to take care of some business I needed to attend to, and this video was sent to me. I haven't stopped listening to it yet. I spent two years working with a shaman in Steamboat Springs. I showed up in Steamboat after spending 32 years with the same man. I never intended to be in Steamboat. Aspen was my town of choice, but everything fell through there, every place to live, and every job/career opportunity. Steamboat fell into my lap one day after my last Aspen venture.

The first person I met in Steamboat was Rob Wergin. I saw his interview in the local paper, and couldn't stop looking at his picture or reading his information. Finally, I made an appointment. When I walked into his treatment room we both looked at each other and almost simultaneously asked what the other was doing in Steamboat. We both arrived at the same time, and neither one of us had "planned" it.

That was November 16, 2006. Exactly one year later I found myself kneeling on Wall Street with sacred tobacco, hawk feathers, and prayers. I was headed to NYC for a romantic weekend with a lovely man and a business meeting with Working Mother Media. Kneeling on Wall Street hadn't entered my realm of any possibility until he directed me to do just that.

Rob has this connection with "The Boys" as he calls them, and when we were out to dinner one night I saw the look on his face. It was the look that told me that he was listening to the Boys. Rob knew how to mess with me, but I knew that look all too well, and knew that when he had it, I would listen to whatever he had to say, and not only that, I would follow the directive to the "T".

Before he told me what they had to tell me, he made me promise I would do it. "Say it," he told me. "Say you'll promise that you will do this." I agreed without knowing anything.

Once I told my friend in NY what I was to do upon arriving in Manhattan, he asked if I'd wait until Saturday morning and he'd do it with me. He was concerned I'd be arrested. Since I'd never been to Wall Street, I had no idea what to expect. However, I was soon to learn his reservations. There were security and police everywhere, not to mention men and women dressed to the nines. Oh sweet jesus! What did I get myself into?

I'm still not sure. I did kneel on Wall Street -- 55 Wall Street to be exact. There seemed to be 800 doormen, women in ball gowns, men in black, and just way too many uniforms with guns. I sprinkled sacred tobacco in a circle, laid out the gifts I had been given just for this purpose, and knelt. Everyone disappeared and the energy that emanated from that circle of tobacco blew me off my knees.

I don't know what happened. I don't know how that affected anything. This I do know: Rob told me that I did good and to go enjoy my weekend. I did. I had an amazing meeting with Working Mother Media, and an even more fabulous weekend with a beautiful man. The magic was palpable. I carry those memories with me to this day.

And another thing I know is that Wall Street is no longer what it used to be. My friend told me recently that he thought about my trip to Wall Street and the changes afterward. Life is a magnificent mystery. I may never know what the purpose was, but I relish in every memory I have of that weekend.

Thank you, Rob, for sending me on that journey. Thank you, Jim, for sharing in the magic with me, and thanks, Working Mother Media, for all that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment