Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Priceless moments

Just finished my first video interview about my book and my art. It'll be posted on the web, so whenever I receive it, I'll make it available to all of you out there in cyberspace.

It was fascinating to talk about my life, what it used to look like, and what it's developed into. When talking about my marriage, it was such a distant past memory that it actually got confusing to me to recall it in detail. There were no details, just this vague sense of numbness, of being unworthy. So difficult to remember in times that I live in now. Now, I'm soaring. I go to the studio excited and thrilled and motivated and inspired to try a new technique or make something that a new client has ordered, or to figure out a way to produce something for the masses. Whatever it is, is always delicious and fun. This is wealth. This is riches, not my bank account, not my residence, and not my car. I carry my wealth with me. It shines outwardly. It's who I am.

The interviewer's name is Tina Ferguson. We're doing the radio interview this coming Thursday evening. There's something that sparks between the two of us. She filled in blanks for me that I didn't even know I had. We talked for hours. Discovering how much I've changed since being on my own really was an eye-opener for me also. Being able to look back and see the lessons with great clarity was awesome. And now it's on video. For someone who has no baby pictures of herself, this is a great experience. To have those revelations, those clear-minded moments caught by technology is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment