Saturday, December 28, 2013

It's About Time

I'm sitting on the couch in the late afternoon amazed that the sun is still up and as high as it is. It's only been a week since days have grown longer, and it's  noticeable today. The drapes are closed so that we can see the movie on the big screen. Hunkered down on the couch with Johnny Depp in front of us. 

We took a little jaunt on foot to the village this afternoon collecting books and DVDs at the library to keep us company, to entertain us, and to expand us. It is and has been a time of growth and expansion. A time of reflection and adjusting course corrections. With every moment spent in stillness we're discovering meaning in the events that held our attention earlier this year. It's been a year of such enormous changes and re-arranges that it has both of us contemplating meanings and scrutinizing previous events in our lives. What we're discovering is connections with what we've been experiencing for years now.

I, for one, have been having "flash backs" to nine years ago when my life took a gigantic turn leading me to being single and moving to another town after being in the same place for 26 years. Those things that came into my life nine years ago have been inching their way into my life again. This time I see what transpired then comes back into play now with a lot of the same people and a few "new" ones. The players are coming together. The puzzle pieces are lining up, and the way is being made clear for us to return home.

I am living in the unknown, drinking it in like an elixir and enjoying the moments not questioning the questions others have and being sure that it is all unfolding beautifully without my knowledge of the how.

I do know the why of it all. It is time for this to happen. It's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment