Thursday, November 18, 2010

twin flames

Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul. We each have only one twin, and generally after being split the two went their separate ways, incarnating over and over to gather human experience before coming back together. Ideally, this happens in both of their last lifetimes on the planet so they can ascend together. So you probably haven't had many lifetimes with your twin.


 Each twin is a complete soul, not half a soul. It is their task to become more whole, balancing their female and male sides, and ideally become enlightened, before reuniting with their twin. This reunion is of two complete and whole beings. All other relationships through all our lives could be said to be "practice" for the twin, the ultimate relationship.

excerpt taken from http://www.soulevolution.org/twinflames/twinflames.htm





A friend stopped by the studio yesterday while I was sewing away. I hadn't seen her in several days. It was interesting to see the changes in her, or was it all the changes in me? Hm, hard telling when I think about it.

The main difference I noticed was how she was talking about her relationship with the man that she's with right now compared to the one she had previously. This one now was all from her head. She talked about what they did, what he said. It was almost like she was reading a book to me. I wasn't feeling a connection as much as a desperation to make it into something it was not. A need for it to be a certain way.

When she was focused on the man before this one, she'd  speak from her heart. Everything was about feelings. It was a long-distance relationship where they'd connect by phone and have moonlit strolls together. She'd have no need to tell me later what it was like for her, because I could feel the change in her, the peacefulness, the contentedness, the deep connection she felt for this man. I did not hear that once from her yesterday about the current man in her life. She kept telling me how "old" the relationship felt. She knew they'd had lifetimes together as if that made it mean that it was permanent.

When I got home last night I thought about her "old' feeling about the relationship, and I remembered how  all of my significant relationships felt like that -- they're "old" because they're karmic, there's something that needs to be worked out due to the circumstances that were played out in previous lives. I remember that "old" feeling, and that's something I haven't felt at all with the man in my life right now.

It feels new. It feels fresh and right and easy.

I Googled "twin flames" last night because there was something about that term that kept coming up for me yesterday, and listening to my friend talk, something was just feeling off. I had had a reading done by an amazing intuitive two and a half years ago. She told me that I would not only have a twin flame in my life but that I would be making garments with him. She said that the energy that radiates from the two of us together would be like none other, and something the world would be waiting for. She said that we would finally come together when we both were ready for this major shift in our lives. She explained in great detail what we would be doing, how we would feel about each other, and how we would come to know who the other one was. We would know, and all obstacles would fall away.

For years I thought about what she'd told me. I wanted to believe it, but with the experiences I was accumulating, I just wasn't so sure that it could ever happen.

And then one summer afternoon someone I went to high school with showed up to see me. It's been a few months since then, but things between us have been unfolding that have made me rethink what this intuitive had told me. I think he saw the possibilities long before I did. He asked me to make dragonflies for his art pieces in  a show he was in a few weeks later. My head was in the fuckin' clouds, and I didn't do it. Lately, I haven't been able to stop thinking about working with him, and yesterday I realized the magnitude of what we have. The energy we create together is something I've never experienced before, and I guarantee that if the world could experience this, there would be peace.

I believe that everything is energy. I know that we can use that energy and infuse it into what we make together. I know this to be true because I've been doing it for years without someone working by my side. Can you imagine what would happen if we were to be in a studio alone together? Oh my god... the creations that would come out of that time spent together... I'm having difficulty writing about it because the visual and the feelings that arose just now took me there so fully that my hands stopped typing.

Back to the twin flames concept... So, the story goes that twin flames are the two souls made by the final split of a soul. The reason for the split is so that the soul can grow and expand even more by having two separate experiences in many lifetimes before reuniting. And they come back together after being apart for most of their lifetimes. This is not a karmic relationship. They don't have to "duke" it out with one another, so most lifetimes are spent without the other physically present. They reunite when they've both reached a level of growth and expansion that allows them to fully realize who they are and how they can serve the world together. They no longer need a relationship to work things out. This is the relationship that mirrors so exactly who they are, and that's why they usually come back together when they've been through the garbage. This is a time for unconditional love, and that's why these twin flames don't come together physically right away upon meeting each other. The physical time apart provides a time for them to grow a conscious relationship, where they can step back and truly appreciate who they are connected with. The physical doesn't get in the way. And, once they do come together physically, they've already established a very strong loving foundation.

Now, this doesn't mean that there won't be difficulties. As a matter of fact, since the twin flame relationship is one where the complete halves come back together then it can be very emotional if the groundwork has not been set first. That loving foundation is essential before coming together physically because ego cannot play a role in this relationship. The magic that happens in a twin flame relationship is when the two have worked through their shit, the ego (for the most part) isn't a factor, and they flow together in this river of unconditional love. There are no requirements, no needs, no desperation, no holding on. It's a love so true, so light that the two involved can come and go easily and effortlessly. There's a knowingness about the relationship that settles the doubts, and it's built upon such a strong foundation of unconditional love that nothing else matters.

I haven't had a relationship before that didn't jump into the physical rather quickly, so I find this fascinating that I feel more for this man than anyone I've ever been with. Is it my imagination? Is it wishful thinking? Is it that he's so far away that I can romanticize it?

This time around I know. I just know. There are no other words necessary to explain it. I just know. It's unexplainable. I know how it feels though. I know how it feels so unlike anything else I've ever experienced. This is not old. It's brand new. It's the cosmic sigh of relief -- ah, you finally found each other...

And where does it goes from here? That part I don't know. I don't really think about that. I am so enthralled with right now, with the feelings that I have for him, and for the creativity we can do together. That part, that visual of us alone with fabric and dyes and a sewing machine and... oh my god, now that keeps me up all night. To be able to do something that so fills me with someone I absolutely adore... oh my god... The energy that arises within me when I think about that is so palpable that it could launch rockets. I know whatever it is we do together will be like nothing that's on the market today, and I know the world is waiting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment