Monday, September 27, 2010

flying high..

Flight according to Abe:

You did not come forth to face reality. You came forth to spring off of reality. You came forth to let the reality be the basis from which you take flight.

And that is really what we want you to hear. We want you to be in love with the contrast that produces the desire. And we want you to milk those new desires for everything they are worth.

When you get a new desire, if it is big or if it is small, we want you to fantasize around it and give your attention to it, and take every bit of pleasure you can from the power of your mind knowing that manifestation will follow.

But it is not your manifestation that we are here rooting for. It is your moment-to-moment thrill with the power of your flight.
 
by Abraham-Hicks
 
I left my husband because of flight. I wanted to learn to fly an airplane, and he blatantly said no. I wanted to fly. I wanted to soar, and he wanted to keep me tied to him, small and powerless, scared shitless and driven to make him happy.
 
I preferred flight.
 
So, here I am years later and still obsessed with flying, still craving the view above the mountains, still longing for the thrill of pulling the yoke back and feeling the wheels lift off the ground. I desire to fly. I ache to sit in the left seat of a small aircraft. I can feel the wheels as they gently touch down while pulling the yoke back, watching the mountain above the nose as I gradually lower it and feel the last wheel touch down as if it landed in velvet. Ah... greased landing. I used to dream of those. I used to awaken in the mornings and check the skies for clouds, the trees for wind blowing their limbs. I used to call AWOS to see if that morning would be a good day to fly.
 
I breathed it. I ate it. I drank it in. There was nothing that thrilled me like a greased landing. Nothing.
 
When I wasn't in the air or working, I was studying. I was on the phone with my Aspen pilot asking him questions. We would get together on the weekends, propped up in a hotel bed and go through my textbooks. He'd help me see the practical experience of the maneuvers I was doing in the air.
 
I had never had a relationship with someone who was passionate about the same thing as me. We could lay in bed forever talking about it and eat dinner reliving our latest flights together. To me, that was heaven, pure joy.
 
There was nothing about our relationship that our society would call good, yet it was the best relationship I had ever had. It catapulted me into a new life believing in myself and making me want so much more from my life and myself. It was exactly what I wanted without even knowing it was possible, but once I got a taste of it, I couldn't settle for anything less.
 
It's the contrasts that we create in our lives that give us opportunities for wanting more for ourselves. There were things about that relationship that I wanted differently, so I chose differently. As the years progressed and the relationships changed, so did my desires.
 
I've fine-tuned what I want now thanks to all those lovely experiences, and since I know better, I choose better. It's true about anything in life. Nothing's good or bad; it's just about what works for you and what doesn't. When it doesn't, do something differently. When it does, bask in it.
 
And as far as flying goes, I'm soaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment