Monday, January 20, 2014

Cosmic Tumbling

I've been selling dresses like hotcakes, but have found this stash of wall hangings that I thought needed to be marketed also. I travel light, and on my next voyage I would love to trip the light fantastic with less baggage. This is available through my shop.



I love what I do. I love making fabric art of all kinds. I've made pillows, scarves, dresses, blouses, quilts, purses, bags, totes, wall hangings, and God only knows what else. I have a few pieces left that I want to share with the world, starting with this one. It was once in an exhibit called "At Last" as if I'd finally found my one and only. Even then as I was hanging the piece I wasn't feeling it.
He even told me that it was ironic that the name of the exhibit was about us finally discovering each other when our relationship was on the skids. Well, the show must go on, and a few months later I had moved out and moved on. The anger flare-ups were a bit too much for me, and not having control over my own money was something else I wasn't so keen on, but hey, I learned a lot. I learned a helluva lot, and I am very, very grateful.




This piece is beautiful, stitching exquisite, and still dear to my heart because of all the possibilities the two figures hold, the questions raised, the sentiments discovered. What is meant by coming together? Do we get caught up in the future and what it means as opposed to just enjoying the now? The cosmic tumbling together for however long it lasts and being open to where it may lead is a beautiful way to look at relationship and allow it to unfold without criticism.



Being still with the unknown. Being okay with whatever happens. This to me is the real secret to a much easier life. This is how I'm living it today. Now I'm flying off west whenever it occurs and to whomever that may be. Right now in the moment it's a beautiful life writing about fabric art that I made a few months ago and am now releasing to the ethers and just allowing whatever happens to happen. Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment