Thursday, August 26, 2010

Magical Mystery Tour

So I've stolen this from Tammy... This trip that we're on together is definitely the magical mystery tour. Tammy and I are in Santa Fe right now. We showed up because we felt like it. When she told me she was going to Santa Fe I immediately jumped in on her plans. I rearranged my own schedule and created a way for me to be able to go on such short notice. Everything we've needed has shown up just when we needed it. Everything.

Tammy was asked to come here to take a look at a healing facility in town. I jumped in on the opportunity. Yay me! Tammy showed me around the plaza. We ate lunch outside in the sunshine staring at some very lovely men. It was our first time to be outside in months and not sweat or swelter or have our heartbeats go faint due to the heat. We stepped outside to cool air and were able to breathe deeply. That alone was well worth my taking the trip. Getting out of 106 degree temperatures and ungodly humidity was such a gift. I've never smiled so much and danced so openly in the sunshine.

Years ago I took a Tom Crum workshop in the CO mountains, and while having a late night discussion with his daughter, Ali, she asked me if place mattered. Would I need to be in a certain place to be happy? I wasn't really sure how to answer her then. Was it the location I was in that made me unhappy in my marriage? No. Do I want to live in that town where I had lived with that husband again? Nope. Not at all. It wasn't ever my town. Did it detract from my happiness? Hm, don't think so. I don't think I knew to even consider my happiness back then.

The next stop was Steamboat Springs. Did that place matter? Did it add or detract from my happiness? You know, I would love to be able to say that I am so frickin' enlightened that my true happiness lies only within, and not only believe that statement, but also know that it's true for me all the time. Well, it's not. I still allow outside circumstances to color my demeanor. Every now and then my humanity sneaks in. So, there came a time while in Steamboat that I had to go, even though I was with an amazing man who truly loved me deeply. I knew for me the best thing I could do was to move on, and so I did.

Next stop, McKinney, TX. Wow, I went from a playground to a place filled with work horses. I've never seen so many people so willing to help network and move and shake. The downtown square became my home like none other, until now...

After a summer in hell, the energy has shifted for me again. Is it the place or is it simply correction of course like I did while flying? A tap on the rudder pedal, a slight tug on the yoke and back on course I'd be. What if it's not so much place as where I need to be to meet the right people and enjoy certain circumstances that lead me to the next correction and the next and the next?

When looking back on my life post marriage I see how important it was for me to be in Steamboat, to meet the people I met, and to have the experiences I had. The same for McKinney. Each stop has fine-tuned my skills, my gifts, my energy, and definitely my inner sanctity. Each person who has played a part in this has done their job exceptionally well, because I feel I'm showing up to the next adventure so prepared, I could even be classified as overqualified. Ha! We'll see...

So, opportunities have opened for us here in Santa Fe. Beautiful, monumental opportunities and people. However, there is something about Santa Fe that feels like a place for me to visit, not necessarily a place to put down roots. When we were coming into town, Tammy teared up with so much joy for being home again. I told her, "just wait til you see me back in the Colorado mountains..." I know there will be much blubbering going on when that occurs. So, next month Evergreen, Colorado...

So, does place matter? What I know for sure is that the journey matters, the enjoying the moments during it, no matter what the place. So, rock on Magical Mystery Tour, because I am being taken away...

No comments:

Post a Comment