Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Perhaps Love - John Denver & Placido Domingo

I've been working on my new website while listening to this song. John Denver's singing takes me to a place that absolutely fills me, but this song in particular just floods me with massive quantities of love. And... it could be from memories that certainly skyrocket to the forefront of my mind when I hear it, and maybe that's why I've been playing it almost nonstop these couple of days.

This song takes me back to a morning when I awoke to birds singing outside the window. I was hunkered down underneath a white down comforter and what seemed like twenty pillows, and upon opening my eyes, I could look at my Aspen lover. We'd fall asleep in each other's arms, but soon I'd need to be turning over and stretching out across the bed, leaving him lying behind me, my naked butt scooched up to his hip.

One morning in particular the song lyrics were playing in my mind: "The memory of love will bring you home..." My leg was splayed across his, and this went through my head: "If I should live forever, and all my dreams come true, my memories of love will be of you." When I rolled over to look at him, his eyes were closed, mouth slightly open, and his breathing was solid. I put my hand on his chest, and spun his hair between my fingers. Slowly his eyes opened. There was this instant recognition of seeing me beside him and being so pleased because of it, that when he wrapped his arms around me, pulled me close, and kissed me, I knew my love memory bank was full of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment