Thursday, October 14, 2010

making way for the new...

...that yearning for a new way will not produce it. Only ending the old way can do that.
You cannot hold onto the old all the while declaring that you want something new. The old will defy the new; the old will deny the new; the old will decry the new.
There is only one way to bring in the new. You must make room for it.
-Neale Donald Walsh

Tammy and I seem to be recreating ourselves every moment, and discovering new ways to work in this world. Today we went to Taos to talk with a business owner about how we could do business together. The intentions for the meeting began totally differently than they turned out. However, it was so beautifully synergistic that what came out of the meeting was nothing Tammy or I could have figured out before hand.

We are practicing the state of allowing instead of constantly doing. We're working with the ebb and flow of the energy around us. We go within, listen for the prompting and when it gets so strong that we can do nothing else, we go for it. But, our "going for it" takes a totally different look. We move forward from our hearts. Our hearts guide our words and our actions. Today was a beautiful example of being heart-centered and being fluid with our words. We let this business owner speak, and then we flowed with his direction. We repeated what we heard him say, and made sure we were flowing together. It was a downstream conversation that unfolded so beautifully that not only did we make business deals, but most importantly we made a new friend. We learned much about doing business in Taos and the beautiful things we can do together. It was lovely.

So, what Tammy and I are doing now is life brand new. And Neale's right in the above quote, we had to let go of the old to make way for the new. There was some screaming and biting nails, but we certainly let go of the old. We showed up in Taos ready to not only be these new creatures, but to open our hearts to all possibilities. To ALL possibilities. It was in the willingness to let it unfold that the new materialized. For me the trick has been to let go of the outcome. To lead with my heart, to feel the energy come from that place and then go to the person I'm with, and then allow the result to be whatever it is, to go wherever it goes, and unfold just as it will. Whether it looks like what I intended or not, is not the point. It's in having faith that whatever shows up is absolutely the perfect situation. No judging it; just enjoying the process and being grateful.

I'm not saying it's easy to let go of the old ways. Some of my old habits went down with a huge fight, and some of their remnants still remain, just a bit, but I keep releasing and letting go because more than anything else, I want to live my life from my heart and stop using my head for speculations and judgments. I want to allow my story to unfold seamlessly and enjoy the unfoldment with great relish.

I see how allowing events and people flow into my life has created a world for me filled with souls that have been waiting for this. Tammy has certainly been one such soul, and now we have this magnificent man that Tammy calls her brother, and I call my lover. We've been waiting a very long time for each other without even knowing it until we all showed up to play together. And next Taos... who else will join us then? It's a beautiful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment