Tuesday, October 12, 2010

welcome home

home: a place where one likes to be


There were many definitions of home when I looked it up, but the one above is the one I'm referring to in this note. My home is wherever I am. It's not a building. It's where I reside in my heart. Tammy and I have been talking about living from the heart instead of the head, and today I'm living that fully. I choose to. I have been in this physical body for 54 years now, and I'm more than ready to be who I know I am. I am home. I am love. I am.

It's interesting to be coming from this heart-centered place and at the same time be with those in our surroundings who come from the head. I just don't know what I would do without Tammy living from the heart too. This world, this planet, this society, our American culture just is not taught to lead from the heart, and now that we have chosen this way to live, it's fascinating to see how it affects those we come in contact with.

We are learning to be very different than the world around us, the world who taught us to work hard, be corporate, strive for money, etc. We are creating from our heart. Our decisions are made from a place of love. Our words and our actions flow out of us from the space of compassion. It is all we have chosen to be now. It's also being constantly mindful of our thoughts before we say or do anything. It's being so present that we feel through our moments. We feel. We feel the energy of that love, that abundance, that true wealth. We feel.

Several years ago I had a reading from an amazing woman in Australia who told me that I would be living my life from a place that I had never been before. She said it would be as if I walked into the house and didn't know how to turn on the faucet or the lights because they would have switches like I've never seen before. I feel like I'm in that house now. I'm in unfamiliar territory, and yet, and yet, it is home. It's where I belong. It's me. It's everything I've been desiring. I walk through the house and may not know how to flip on the switch immediately but the ability to learn how to do it comes to me quickly. I know what I'm doing. I know how to do what I need to do. I just have to come from my heart to remember.

I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment